Wednesday, June 10, 2009

when in Rome...

our hotel has no internet access! i've not been able to post like i had hoped but I am blogging offline.

Rome is just amazing. We've done a hop on hop off tour which was awesome. Yesterday we did a walking tour of the Palatine Hill, the Forum, the Ruins, and the Colosseum. Today its a tour of the Vatican, tomorro a tour of Napoli and Pompei, Sat we leave to Athens with a grueling travel schedule.

We leave for the train stations bright and early Sat morning with an approx 6 hr train ride to Brindisi. From Brindisi a 15 hr overnight cruise to Patras which arrives Sat morning at 10:00 am. Then another 4 hour train ride with a transfer and another 40 minute train ride to Athens! all with about 60 lbs of luggage in tow. I'm thinking of leaving some articles along the way only because i dont want to haul super heavy luggage! we'll see....

i keep accumulating stuff!

I've had alot of fun and am rooming with two other girls Kjisten and Kaysi. They are awesome and we've had alot of fun together. The good part of being with a big group is that everyone can find someone to do something with. So many different groups going in different directions. Apart from the "mandatory" tours, we're pretty much left on our own to explore the city.

We've managed to learn the subway system and are getting around pretty easily. also, i discovered a love for hazelnut and gelato! its awesome. ok so I posted more picks on flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21157493@N07/3613716990/

you should be able to see some from this link. gonna try to post more when I get a solid internet connection. possibly in Athens.

I'm at the point where i'm starting to miss home. I think by next week i'll be ready to head back home! so much to do and yes i have started thinking about my move to Lubbock. its exciting and sad all in one. things are changing more quickly than i expected but that is life!

will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment